MANILA, Philippines – Shoppers will not be selling on the streets of Divisoria on Friday as preparations are being made for the Santo Niño Festival.
The news was confirmed by Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso in an interview with DZMM on Wednesday.
“Off-limits” will be on the business front in the coming days along Recto, Ylaya-Tondo and Candelaria from 17th to 19th January.
“The city of Manila will need that area for the feast of Sto. This morning,” he said.
“It’s because of that, when it’s five o’clock in the morning, we need flushing.”
It can be re-ban also Domagoso merchants in Divisoria its November 2019 after a glimpse of surprise inspections by the mountain of garbage in St. Ylaya
The Kadamay-Metro Manila group and an urban planner have previously broken the habits of the City of Manila when it comes to evacuating merchandise, something that is extremely affecting the livelihood of the poor.
“Amidst the festivities and ongoing media coverage, there is limited discussion on the sentiment of affected street vendors on the impact of clearing operations on their insecure employment,” he said. Redento Recio in English.
Nevertheless, the mayor denies that he is in a bad mood.
The mayor explained that they will carry out the flushing to prevent the overflow of products during the festival.
“What is that, there is meat, fish, vegetables, that is on the road, so every morning of our lives, we’re dealing with it every day,” he said.
Latest posts by Karley Consolacion Reotutar Ladera (see all)
- Large cracks in roads around the Taal volcano - April 15, 2020
- Lockdown is mandatory in high-risk areas - March 15, 2020
- Merchants will be evacuated to Divisoria in preparation of Sto. Niño Festival - February 15, 2020