Connect with us

Miscellaneous

Fruit and vegetable hit by Taal ashfall ‘safe to eat’

Published

on

The Department of Health has confirmed that it is safe to eat fruits and vegetables that have been covered with ash from the eruption of the Taal Volcano.

This is what Health Undersecretary Eric Domingo shared with the media on Wednesday at the Palace.

“The vegetables that were once fruit were covered with ashes just to wash them well and clean, they could eat them,” Domingo explained in a press briefing.

Domingo said after the Department of Agriculture recorded P578 million in agricultural damage caused by volcanic eruptions from Batangas.

Among the 2,772 hectares affected are rice, coffee, cacaoo, banana and other high-value crops.

Unlike animals, toxins do not absorb plants from Taal’s volcanic ash.

The DOH had previously warned about buying and eating fish caught from Lake Taal and Batangas, something that could be the cause of food poisoning.

The lake is one of the sources of fish such as tilapia and endangered herring.

“Definitely we have advisors who are all coming to the Taal and Batangas area, really, no one is buying,” said DOH Assistant Secretary Ma. Francia Laxamana yesterday.

“We cannot expect the safety of our people.”

Nonetheless, some Tanauan, Batangas insists that fish caught from the lake are safe from poison.

For residents like “Rebecca,” it is advisable to check the Taal’s water first before claiming it is sulfuric.

“Our fish is fresh … it’s safe to eat,” he told News5 about the tilapia in the area.

“Since yesterday, so far, we only used fish for fish … Just roast fish because we have no stores.”

Karley Consolacion Reotutar Ladera

I am a recent Journalism graduate of the University of Santo Tomas and have joined Philippine News Daily as an editor. Here I am responsible for writing, researching and reviewing stories, as well as the graphic design and maintenance of this website.

Unit 1702 Equitable Bank Tower 8751 Paseo de Roxas, NCR, Makati City, Metro Manila
Phone number: +63-921-5551-121
Email address: Karley@philippinenewsdaily.com
Karley Consolacion Reotutar Ladera
Continue Reading

Miscellaneous

Merchants will be evacuated to Divisoria in preparation of Sto. Niño Festival

Published

on

MANILA, Philippines – Shoppers will not be selling on the streets of Divisoria on Friday as preparations are being made for the Santo Niño Festival.

The news was confirmed by Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso in an interview with DZMM on Wednesday.

“Off-limits” will be on the business front in the coming days along Recto, Ylaya-Tondo and Candelaria from 17th to 19th January.

“The city of Manila will need that area for the feast of Sto. This morning,” he said.

“It’s because of that, when it’s five o’clock in the morning, we need flushing.”

It can be re-ban also Domagoso merchants in Divisoria its November 2019 after a glimpse of surprise inspections by the mountain of garbage in St. Ylaya

The Kadamay-Metro Manila group and an urban planner have previously broken the habits of the City of Manila when it comes to evacuating merchandise, something that is extremely affecting the livelihood of the poor.

“Amidst the festivities and ongoing media coverage, there is limited discussion on the sentiment of affected street vendors on the impact of clearing operations on their insecure employment,” he said. Redento Recio in English.

Nevertheless, the mayor denies that he is in a bad mood.

The mayor explained that they will carry out the flushing to prevent the overflow of products during the festival.

“What is that, there is meat, fish, vegetables, that is on the road, so every morning of our lives, we’re dealing with it every day,” he said.

Karley Consolacion Reotutar Ladera

I am a recent Journalism graduate of the University of Santo Tomas and have joined Philippine News Daily as an editor. Here I am responsible for writing, researching and reviewing stories, as well as the graphic design and maintenance of this website.

Unit 1702 Equitable Bank Tower 8751 Paseo de Roxas, NCR, Makati City, Metro Manila
Phone number: +63-921-5551-121
Email address: Karley@philippinenewsdaily.com
Karley Consolacion Reotutar Ladera
Continue Reading

Miscellaneous

70 SAF personnel assigned to guard critical areas

Published

on

MANILA, Philippines – About 70 new PNP-Special Action Force (SAF) personnel were deployed yesterday to guard critical areas at the New Bilibid Prisons (NBP) in Muntinlupa City.

The new NBP guards are members of the 33rd Special Action Company and the 3rd Special Action Battalion (33 SAC, 3 SAB). They will replace former SAF personnel.

Bureau of Corrections (Bucor) Director General Gerald Bantag thanked National Capital Regional Police Office Director P / Maj. Gen Guillermo Eleazar and SAF Director P / Maj. Gen. Clifton Empowerment of lending staff for the purpose of eliminating corruption and other prison modus operandi.

Bantag challenged the new guards from the SAF to stand strong. “Here you have to be strong in the strength and the big bribe. You will not die if you reject it,” he added.

New SAF guards were placed on the towers and all the entrances and exits of the People were even inspected by the two.

It was learned that 70 new SAF personnel were just part of replacing the previous 200 SAF personnel who had been assigned to the NBP in 2016.

Karley Consolacion Reotutar Ladera

I am a recent Journalism graduate of the University of Santo Tomas and have joined Philippine News Daily as an editor. Here I am responsible for writing, researching and reviewing stories, as well as the graphic design and maintenance of this website.

Unit 1702 Equitable Bank Tower 8751 Paseo de Roxas, NCR, Makati City, Metro Manila
Phone number: +63-921-5551-121
Email address: Karley@philippinenewsdaily.com
Karley Consolacion Reotutar Ladera
Continue Reading

Partners

Thanks to contributors from the following sites for helping out with getting this site off the ground:

Trending